screen clear question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 2 13:25:10 EST 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 02:15:23 +1000, Nick Coghlan
> Alan Gauld wrote:
> > But the bottom line is that there is no builtin command
> > because the mechanism is different on each platform.
>
> I'd have said it was because the inpreter is line-oriented rather than
> screen-oriented, but YMMV.

Yeah, that might be a reason as well :-)

But then the early PC GW-Basic or BASICA interpreters were line
based too but both provided a CLS command because the *programs*
that were written were usually screen based... But they ran on a
single OS so a CLS was easily possible.

Alan G.

Author of the Learn to Program website