Com port interrupts again

engsol engsolnorm at peak.org
Fri Jan 14 13:43:47 EST 2005

I didn't fully think through my application before posting my
question. Async com port routines to handle com port interrups
only work well if one has access to the low level operating
system. In that case the receive buffer interrupt would cause
a jump to an interrupt service routine.. I don't believe that
Python provides that capabilty directly. The solution then would
be to write a C extention?

The suggestions offered by respondents to my original post
were almost all of a "Use threads, and poll as needed" flavor.
You're right...I need to learn threads as applied to com ports.
Norm B