Returning same type as self for arithmetic in subclasses

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Jan 8 14:02:23 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Max M]
>
>>"""
>>I subclass datetime and timedelta

[...]
> Generally speaking, no.  But I'm sure someone will torture you with a
> framework that purports to make it easy <wink>.

Clearly the easy way is to have the type declaration introspect on the
definitions of datetime and timedelta and then auto-create methods
wrapping the base types' methods in a "myxxx" conversion.

left-as-an-exercise-for-the-reader-ly y'rs  - steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119