Which blog tool

Premshree Pillai premshree.pillai at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 08:27:25 EST 2005

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:14:23 +0000, Mark Carter <me at privacy.net> wrote:
> I currently use python to automatically summarise a certain newsgroup
> daily, and post the findings that it makes. Someone has suggested that
> they would like a to see a blog of the posts. I wondered if there was a
> python tool/library that could automate the blog postings. Any ideas?
>
> Some details:
> * the summaries are basically just text files
> * I already have a blog at www.blogger.com
> (http://markcarterturriff.blogspot.com/), so I would like to use that if
> possible; although any alternative free one that I can use to achieve my
> objective would be OK, too.

You can use the Blogger API to post to your Blogger account. There's a
Python interface to the API -- PyBlogger -- available here:
http://beetle.cbtlsl.com/archives/category/pyblogger

You could also use a free service like LiveJournal
(http://www.livejournal.com/). There are several clients available to
post to LJ. I don't know if a Python wrapper to post is available or
not. IAC, it'd be a few lines of code to make the XML-RPC calls. The
protocol docs are available here:
http://www.livejournal.com/doc/server/ljp.csp.protocol.html

HTH
> * I do have my own hosted website, which can use perl but not python;
> but I'd rather use a freebie blog site
> * the whole thing must be scriptable, because it will run daily. A GUI
> would therefore likely get in the way.
> * generating an RSS feed would be nice
> --

Premshree Pillai