python without OO

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Jan 25 21:09:09 EST 2005

Davor wrote:

> M.E.Farmer wrote:
>
>> Wrap your head around Python, don't wrap the Python around your head!
>> This is NOT Java, or C++ or C , it IS Python.
>

> that's interesting hypothesis that behavior will vary due to the use of
> different language ...

If using a different language doesn't require/encourage different
programming habits, then what's the point of using a different language?

     "A language that doesn't affect the way you think
     about programming, is not worth knowing."
                          --Alan Perlis

Different languages offer different modes of expression, different
ways of approaching the same problem.  That's *why* we have so many
different programming languages -- because no single approach is the
best one for all problems, and knowing multiple approaches helps you
to use your favored approach more effectively.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International