Free NNTP (was Re: how to stop google from messing Python code)

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Fri Jan 21 22:25:47 EST 2005

Paul Boddie schreef:

> JanC wrote:
>> Aahz schreef:
>>
>>> You also have access to the free netnews server
>>> http://news.cis.dfn.de/
>>
>> That address is now for DFN internal use only.
>>
>> Their public service moved to <http://news.individual.net/>.
>
> To me, that seems to be the general problem with public NNTP services
> - you have to play a game of following them around the net.

The "http://news.cis.dfn.de/" address has worked for 1 year after they
announced this change.  DFN stands for the "German Science and Research
Network" and is a government funded organisation, and they wanted/needed
separate servers for public and member usage, so they had to find a new
name for their public service: "individual.net".

--
JanC