Another scripting language implemented into Python itself?

Bengt Richter bokr at oz.net
Mon Jan 24 23:52:12 EST 2005

On 24 Jan 2005 19:46:43 -0800, "Carl Banks" <invalidemail at aerojockey.com> wrote:
[...]
>> Imbed
>
>EMBED.
>
>This spelling error wouldn't bother me if I didn't work with people
>whose own job title is embedded control engineer, yet who still
>misspell it "imbedded."

wordnet seems to accept it as an alternative spelling (not too recent):

[20:44] C:\pywk\sovm>wn imbed -over

Overview of verb imbed

The verb imbed has 1 sense (first 1 from tagged texts)

1. implant, engraft, embed, imbed, plant -- (to fix or set securely or deeply: "Kneeling, Cobb p
lanted a sturdy knee in the small of his back,")

funny that googling define:imbed gets nothing. Nor define:embed ??
I've had a number of misses in that kind of search. I wonder if it's
temporarily broken (or maybe it hit a licensing snag with the various
online dictionaries?)

Regards,
Bengt Richter