Python evolution: Unease

Iwan van der Kleyn none at none.net
Tue Jan 4 06:11:23 EST 2005

> Also, you keep talking about "the core python team" on the basis, it
> would appear, of reading one document by Guido.  Have you bothered doing
> a MINIMUM of homework, such as, looking at
>     http://www.amk.ca/diary/archives/cat_python.html

Well, you being a member of that core team (meaning nog an
organisational unit, but the group of people doing the really hard job,
getting Python to work. An excellent job at that :-) I can repect you
if not branding me a lamer at least admonishing me for not coming up
with a thorough factual statement. But like I stated: "ramblings", remember.

I'm not completely unknown with the workings of our species myself,
though. Especially when discourse and policy is dictated by a select
group of people (meaning: the one who actually create python, no
criticism there) with final abritary powers for one indidual (again, no
criticism), mindset *is* just as important as stated fact. Mindset will
dictate future discourse and action.

And I do sense (reading planet python/this newsgroup) a mindset or at
least a tendency by the people who really matter in these discussion to
keep on adding features to the syntax; to add "structure" to Python. My
personal preference would be to leave the language alone for a while and
to improve its infrastructure.

Regards,
Iwan