Command line and GUI tools : need a single threading solution

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Mon Jan 10 08:09:47 EST 2005

> I'm thinking it may be possible to modify the command line tools to use qt
> threads instead of native python threads.  Is this the way to go?  Are
> there other options?

Why don't you use python threads in qt - I do so and so far it didn't make
any troubles for me. And I would strongly advise against using qthreads
with your commandline-tools, as these then would only run on machines where
pyqt is installed - which opens a small part of "dependency hell" for your
users.

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch