Transparent (redirecting) proxy with BaseHTTPServer

aurora aurora00 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:25:29 EST 2005

It should be very safe to count on the host header. Maybe some really
really old browser would not support that. But they probably won't work in
today's WWW anyway. Majority of today's web site is likely to be virtually
hosted. One Apache maybe hosting for 50 web addresses. If a client strip
the host name and not sending the host header either the web server
wouldn't what address it is really looking for. If you caught some request
that doesn't have host header it is a good idea to redirect them to a
browser upgrade page.