PythonWin (build 203) for Python 2.3 causes Windows 2000 to grind to a halt?

Chris P. chris.peressotti at utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 28 11:13:45 EST 2005

AWESOME - my life just got THAT much better.

The bug you suggested is exactly the problem that I was having... I
had looked through the bugs being tracked, but the title of that one
didn't jump out at me as something that would help.  Thanks!

- Chris

P.S. For anyone reading this group who wants to know exactly what I
did:
1) Uninstall Pywin32
2) Open the registry editor ('regedit' at the command prompt)
3) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Python[version]\Python for Win32
You will likely find many many many keys that have the format
"ToolbarDefault-Bar#".  These keys filling up your registry cause
Windows 2000 to become extremely slow/unstable when Python is running
(especially if your debugger is running.)
4) Delete the keys... I just deleted it at the "Python[version]" root
5) Reinstall Pywin32