Print to Windows default Printer

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 13:58:25 EST 2005

[Samantha]
| The printer is on LPT1, but I sure can't get the temp file to
| print for some
| reason.
| I am using Windows XP SP2.

i'm afraid I have to step out here (metaphorically speaking):
I'm using Win2K and have no access to XP boxes. The technique
works fine here; it may be that either they've removed the
functionality under XP, or that there's some security
context which is preventing you from accessing the port.

Can anyone else try a "PRINT blah" or a "COPY blah LPT1:"
on XP SP2?

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk