OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sun Jan 23 19:00:18 EST 2005

Daniel Bickett wrote:
> John Lenton wrote:
>>>
>>>You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,
>>
>>and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
>>like that.
>
> Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
> isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py :) Maybe I should
> give up trying to figure these things out.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing the same behaviour as what you
(Daniel) are seeing, and I read the group through comp.lang.python via
NTTP, not via the mail-based python-list or Google Groups.

> You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
> the audacity to take my joke seriously? ;-)

Apparently somebody who doesn't understand that unlike most
other public fora, comp.lang.python is "special" in that it
is mirrored to and from the mailing list, and that there is
no other more appropriate place to ask such a question (at
least until it's apparent that it is a problem with a specific
part of this system, rather than being entirely unclear just
_what_ the problem is).

-Peter