ANNOUNCE: KirbyBase 1.7

Jamey Cribbs jcribbs at twmi.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 18:06:49 EST 2005

Paul Rubin wrote:
> That's cute, especially the part about using Python expressions
> instead of SQL to express queries.  I don't see anything in the info
> page about what happens when you have multiple clients updating the db
> concurrently.  Do you make any attempt to handle that?

Yep.  There are two server scripts included with the distribution.  One
(kbsimpleserver.py) does serial, blocking requests, so there are no
concurrent-access issues.  The second server script
(kbthreadedserver.py) is threaded and non-blocking.  I have code in the
script that manages read and write locks for each table.  I'm no rocket
scientist, but I have been using kbthreadedserver.py at work for several
months with no issues so far, so I am beginning to trust the code.  :)

Jamey