PyGame not working(?)

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 31 00:29:51 EST 2005

Chris Weisiger wrote:

> Thanks; I've now successfully installed Numeric, as well as all of the
> other dependencies listed for PyGame. However, PyGame appears to still
> not be working. When I try to run the program at the top of this page:
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/tut/tom/games2.html
> I get the following error:
>
> % python main.py
> Fatal Python error: Interpreter not initialized (version mismatch?)
> Abort

A couple things:

* Are you sure you are using the same python executable that you
compiled the extension modules against?

* If you aren't using the X11 versions of SDL et al., then you need to
run your scripts with pythonw, which will run the framework's
interpreter in such a way that it can communicate with the native window
server. This shouldn't give you the error above, though.

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter