time module precision

janeaustine50 at hotmail.com janeaustine50 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 10 03:02:50 EST 2005

Peter Hansen wrote:
> janeaustine50 at hotmail.com wrote:
> > So the problem (waiting tens to hundreds of us without busy
looping)
> > still remains...
>
> That's actually not a "problem", it's your solution
> to a problem.  Can you describe the _real_ problem, what
> you are trying to do?  _Why_ do you want to wait such
> brief amounts of time?
>
> I ask as someone with fairly extensive background in
> realtime software (which is basically what it sounds like
> you are trying to write here), and I suspect that you are
> either trying to achieve something that's not really possible
> on Windows XP, or that you are simply doing something that
> is entirely unnecessary, probably for good reasons but
> with too little experience of the issues involved.  Can
> you expand on your situation?
>
> -Peter

What I am trying to do is sending binary data to a serial port. Since
the device attached to the port cannot handle a continous in-flow of
data, I need to make an artificial tiny delay in-between data chunks(a
few hundreds of KBs). The delay might be a few tens to hundreds of us.

I'd like to make the transmission as fast as possible, uh.. well..
reasonably fast.

[I sort of posted this already but hasn't got it through so am
reposting it now]

Thanks