Comments in configuration files

Pierre Quentel quentel.pierre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 22 03:31:04 EST 2005

Bonjour,

I am developing an application and I have a configuration file with a
lot of comments to help the application users understand what the
options mean

I would like it to be editable, through a web browser or a GUI
application. With ConfigParser I can read the configuration file and
edit the options, but when I write the result all the comments are lost

Are there modules that work on the same kind of ini files (for the needs
of my application, I prefer this format to XML or YAML) and don't remove
the comments ?

TIA,
Pierre