Big development in the GUI realm

Luke Skywalker luke at tatooine.planet
Mon Feb 7 13:30:09 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:30:18 +0100, Michael Goettsche
<mail at tuxipuxi.org> wrote:
>Not 100% right. Only drivers for commercial databases will not be included,
>mysql and co. are available.

What I find weird, is that I always understood the GPL meaning that
you must give back any contribution you made to the source code of the
GPLed code, but not if you're just using either a binary distribution
(eg. a DLL) or if you copy/pasted the code as is, with no changes on
your own.

If this is true, then the fact that Qt is now GPLed for Windows means
that I should be able to use this widget set even in commercial apps
since I'm not making any change to Qt, just using it.

Am I totally off-target?

Cheers
Luke.