pyFMOD problem

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Feb 3 03:43:46 EST 2005

wangtianthu at gmail.com (Tian) writes:

> I am trying to use pyfmod in python to manipulate sound.
> i have installed pyfmod, ctype, numarray (if they are necessary), i
> also copied fmod.dll to python/DLLs as well as windows/system32, but

First, you should copy fmod.dll to a directory somewhere where
LoadLibrary can find it.  That includes directories on PATH, plus the
directory where the executable is.  python/DLLs does probably not work.

> when i tried
>
>    import pyFMOD
>
> I got:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in -toplevel-
>     import pyFMOD
>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pyFMOD.py", line 177, in
> -toplevel-
>     _FSOUND_Sample_Load = getattr(fmod, "_FSOUND_Sample_Load at 16")
>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ctypes\__init__.py", line 323,
> in __getattr__
>     func = self._StdcallFuncPtr(name, self)
> AttributeError: function '_FSOUND_Sample_Load at 16' not found
> How can I deal with this?
> Thanks!

The fmod.dll that I just downloaded has a function named
'_FSOUND_Sample_Load at 20', which indicates an api change (the number of
the '@' sign indicates how many bytes are needed as parameters).

Probably pyFMOD needs an older version of fmod.dll, or pyFMOD should be
updated?

Thomas