Name of type of object

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Wed Feb 9 18:34:52 EST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:57:15 +0000, Jive Dadson wrote:
> But that works only if the exception happens to be derived from Exception.
>  How do I handle the
> general case?

I believe the answer is that Exceptions not derived from Exception
shouldn't be thrown; it's basically a deprecated feature and has been for
a long time. I've never seen it happen. Add another "except" clause and
use it to bitch at the user for throwing something that isn't an Exception
:-) You won't find any other code that throws anything but an exception,
unless either you or your user wrote it.