web spider and password protected pages

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Wed Feb 16 20:26:05 EST 2005

jdonnell wrote:
> "I quickly found
> a page that starts "Here is an explanation about how to handle password
> protected sites."

> I hope that teaches you a bit about how to fish, rather than
> just giving you one. ;-) "
>
> Actually, I found a much easier solution, but since you know how to
> fish I don't need to tell you what it is ;)

Nevertheless, perhaps you'll still post the answer here so
that others who come along later can benefit from your
experience in the same way that you benefited from reading
whatever page you found (even if you didn't benefit from
my suggestions...).

That's the way this forum works best -- thanks,
-Peter