How to delete a module file

Olivier Ravard olivier.ravard at novagrid.com
Mon Feb 28 10:43:45 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

My application enables the developpment of new C++
modules that are dynamically loaded in this
application.

My problem is that (under Windows) I can't delete a
module that have been already imported. I must
exiting the application (which is not a good idea for
a developpment environnment).
i.e. I can't delete "module.pyd" if I made "import
module" in the python interpreter.

Is there some technics to "unload" modules under python ? or is there a
technic to force removing a file even it is used by another
application ?

Remark : This problem does not exist under Linux.

Thanks for your answers and ideas.

Olivier