Where are list methods documented?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 22:09:55 EST 2005

    Grant> where are the methods of basic types documented?

The other day I suggested the most valuable doc page to bookmark is the
global module index.  Here's a demonstration.  Start at:

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/modindex.html

Click "__builtin__", which takes you to

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/module-builtin.html

Click the "2" in "See Chapter 2", which takes you to

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/lib/builtin.html#builtin

Scroll down to section 2.3.6 and choose your sequence poison.

I use the dev docs instead of the latest release docs because I generally
run from CVS on my system, however in this case it has the added advantage
that the link on the __builtin__ page is more useful.

Skip