How do you do arrays

Thomas Bunce tbunce at mac.com
Tue Feb 1 15:18:15 EST 2005

Tryed it and this is what I got (I did go to the web sight)

tom(h=500)$ /tmp/501/Cleanup\ At\ Startup/ptesting-128981347.87.py.command; exit
Input the maximu number of tvalue: 114
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/tom/Desktop/ptesting.py", line 20, in ?
    iMatrix[index] = k
IndexError: list assignment index out of range
logout
[Process completed]

The complete listing:

#!/usr/bin/python
import random
import sys
import array
#
### generates a list of numbers between 1 and target
### and uses 23 % of these values.
#

iMatrix = []

tvalue = input('Input the maximu number of tvalue: ')
majorlop1 = int tvalue * .23)
listvalues = range(tvalue)

sep = '- '
index = 0
while index < majorlop1:
   index = index + 1
   k = random.choice(listvalues) + 1
   iMatrix[index] = k

while index < majorlop1:
   print '- %s %s' % (iMatrix[index], sep)
#
###
#
I would like to set the size of the List/array independent
of having to intialialize it prior to use.
If it help I will say the bad works I am using OSX

   Thanks Tom