NOOB coding help....

Igorati wade_stoddard at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 23:08:49 EST 2005

Ok, this is what I have so far:

#This program will ask for a user to imput numbers. The numbers will then
be calculated
#to find the statistical mean, mode, and median. Finallly the user will be
asked
#if he would like to print out the answers.
list = [ ]
a = 1
print 'Enter numbers to add to the list. (Enter 0 to quit.)'
while a != 0 :
    a = input('Number? ')
    list.append(a)
zero = list.index(0)
del list[zero]
list.sort()

variableMean = lambda x:sum(x)/len(x)
variableMedian =  lambda x: x.sort() or x[len(x)//2]
variableMode = lambda x: max([(x.count(y),y) for y in x])[1]
s = variableMean(list)
y = variableMedian(list)
t = variableMode (list)

x = (s,y,t)
inp = open ("Wade_StoddardSLP3-2.py", "r")
outp = open ("avg.py", "w")
f = ("avg.py")
for x in inp:
    outp.write(x)
import pickle
pickle.dump(x, f)

print 'Thank you! Would you like to see the results after calculating'
print 'The mode, median, and mean? (Please enter Yes or No)'
raw_input('Please enter Yes or No:')
if raw_input == Yes:

    f = open("avg.py","r")
    avg.py = f.read()
    print 'The Mean average is:', mean
    print 'The Median is:', meadian
    print 'The Mode is:', mode

I am attempting to make it so that I can save the mean, meadian, and mode
and then if the user wants the data to give it to him. Thank you for any
assistance you can provide!

Wade