[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Stephen Kellett snail at objmedia.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 15 18:47:28 EST 2005

In message <cutk8f$qu2$1 at usenet.otenet.gr>, Ilias Lazaridis
<ilias at lazaridis.com> writes
>The community is everyone around python (including me at this moment).

Based on the communities response to you (and the similar response you
are getting in c.l.ruby) you are not a member of either community as you
continue to deliberately ignore the accepted norms of interaction with
the community. I'll list them here for you (again).

1) Do some research yourself (i.e try to answer your own questions)
2) When you have problems tell the group what you did, what the results
were and what the problem was.
3) If the community thinks you have done 1 and 2 you will most likely
get a helpful response. Some people will be generous and help you
anyway.
After a while people will realise you have no interest in doing any work
yourself and give you a hard time (the c.l.ruby group appear to have hit
this threshold today) until you mend your ways. Do 1 and 2 and you'll
get your questions answered much faster than your current approach.

The most amazing thing is the number of times you've been told this by
so many different people and so many different newsgroups and yet you
*still don't get it*.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett