namespaces module (a.k.a. bunch, struct, generic object, etc.) PEP

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 11 07:23:58 EST 2005

Michele Simionato wrote:
> FWIW, you can count me about the people who (re)wrote this same thing
> (actually with some difference, since I wanted to keep the order, so
> I used nested lists instead of nested dictionaries, but the idea was
> similar). I would welcome some module in the standard library to store
> hierarchical data.

This is one of the reasons why Steven's idea of switching to proposing a new
module is a good one. It then provides a natural location for any future
extensions of the idea such as Records (i.e. namespaces with a defined set of
legal fields) and NamedTuples and NamedLists (i.e. namespaces with a defined
field order)

Cheers,
Nick