[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Sat Feb 19 10:55:13 EST 2005

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:

> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
>>>Should a professional developer take python serious?
> [...] - (ungentle babbling after disrupting coherence of writings)

And that from you.... *lol*

> I mean, if the team does not manage at least the foundation of a
> multi-target automated-build-process?

Repeating nonsense doesn't increase it's validity. Python makes use of
autoconf/automake to support a wide range of platforms and compilers. As
you obviously haven't heard of these and refuse to google, I was so kind to
research the respective links to the tools:

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/

http://www.amath.washington.edu/~lf/tutorials/autoconf/

Enjoy the read.

> [targets need not to be supported directly by the python team. They
> could be added/managed/maintained by community members]

You already found the mingw-patch for building python. It is
added/managed/maintained by community members.

Just out of curiousity: How many python extensions are you planning to
write? And how many lines of pure python code have you written in your
life?

--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch