SysV IPC message queues

Aki Niimura akineko at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 3 03:29:34 EST 2005

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to control a program from a Python program using IPC.
Although using a socket is a common choice for such applications, I
would like
to use SysV message queues because I don't need to parse the stream.

I thought Python had a support of SysV message queues (I have found
almost
anything I need in Python library modules so far).
But Python library seems not supporting SysV message queues yet.

I'm thinking of calling a C function from Python but it seems not so
easy.

Is there any easy work around for this?
Any suggestions, any comments are highly appreciated.
Thanks in adavance.

Aki Niimura