[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Michael Hoffman cam.ac.uk at mh391.invalid
Mon Feb 14 04:46:12 EST 2005

http://www.cygwin.com/

>> Why don't you solve this problem and produce a patched version of
>> Python that does what you want.
>
> I'm not intrested in patching.
>
> I'm intrested in a stable environment, supported by the original
> implementors.

And the core developers are not interested in doing more than what they
have already done without further help (e.g. from you). Surely you can
"not interested" as you have justified your own inaction through it.

> This does not increase my trust in python [e.g. as an exchange for JAVA].

You cannot run all Java programs on an open source compiler, so I guess
it's an imperfect world for you. And to get GCJ to run on MinGW you have to
add a lot of patches.

>> Now why haven't *you* produced a version of Python that is directly
>> compileable with MinGW? Time's a-wasting.
>
> I have stated already that I am a newcomer to python.
>
> [you should really avoid this tenor.

And you should avoid yours. Your sense of entitlement is palpable.

 > Python is not an open-source project of a few teenies. It's a serious
 > programming-language, which could be adopted by e.g. more
 > phone-manufacturers (after Nokia)]

The idea that MinGW support would affect that is laughable.
--
Michael Hoffman