Next step after pychecker

Francis Girard francis.girard at free.fr
Wed Feb 2 04:17:34 EST 2005

Le mercredi 2 Février 2005 00:28, Philippe Fremy a écrit :
> I really hope that pypy will provide that kind of choice. Give me python
> with eiffel like contracts, super speed optimisation thank to type
> inference and I will be super happy.

That's also my dream. Type inference not so much for speed but for safety.
There are type fans (like most skilled C++ programmer), anti-type supporters
(like the talented Alex Martelli). Type inference sits in the middle.

Didn't understand how pypy intend to support type inference. I read something
about automatically translating Python into the "smooth blend" Pyrex. I am
not sure what it exactly means and how they plan to face the problems we
foresee.

Francis Girard