Python and "Ajax technology collaboration"

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone dial#####$$NOSPAM##$#$## at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:47:08 EST 2005

aurora <aurora00 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It was discussed in the last Bay Area Python Interest Group meeting.
>
> Thursday, February 10, 2005
> Agenda: Developing Responsive GUI Applications Using HTML and HTTP
> Speakers: Donovan Preston
> http://www.baypiggies.net/
>
> The author has a component LivePage for this. You may find it from
> http://nevow.com/. Similar idea from the Javascript stuff but very Python
> centric.

As an example for that technology (LivePage) I have this:

http://vercingetorix.dyndns.org:20080/

Which is an online forum where the "Quote & Reply" function is done with
XMLHttpRequest and Python.

Implementing this stuff in the forum with Nevow ( the framework created
by Donovan who I help to develop ) was almost effortless.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now Running MacOSX 10.3.8