Unable to run IDLE Under Windows

Jonathan Polley eq_fidget at mac.com
Sun Feb 6 23:59:04 EST 2005

I have one account on a WindowsXP machine that refuses to run IDLE (or
any other python script that uses Tk).  Other people can login to that
PC and IDLE runs just fine, so it is not an installation issue.  When
the person who has the problem logs into another PC the problem follows
them.  Any ideas as to what might me wrong?

This is the traceback from IDLE:

C:\Python20\Tools\idle>..\..\python.exe idle.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "idle.py", line 12, in ?
    PyShell.main()
  File "C:\Python20\Tools\idle\PyShell.py", line 732, in main
    root = Tk(className="Idle")
  File "c:\python20\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1482, in __init__
    self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className)
TclError: unknown color name "white "

C:\Python20\Tools\idle>

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan Polley