Converting HTML to ASCII

Jorgen Grahn jgrahn-nntq at algonet.se
Fri Feb 25 16:27:54 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:51:47 -0800 (PST), gf gf <unknownsoldier93 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hans,
>
> Thanks for the tip.  I took a look at Beatiful Soup,
> and it looked like it was a framework to parse HTML.

This is my understanding, too.

> I'm not really interetsed in going through it tag by
> tag - just to get it converted to ASCII.  How can I do
> this with B. Soup?

You should probably do what some other poster suggested -- download lynx or
some other text-only browser and make your code execute it in -dump mode to
get the text-formatted html. You'll get that working in an hour or so, and
then you can see if you need something more complicated.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@       Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/                algonet.se>   R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!