[newbie]How to install python under DOS and is there any Wxpython can be installed under dos?

Diez B. Roggisch deetsNOSPAM at web.de
Thu Feb 17 10:44:13 EST 2005

john san wrote:

> yes. u need mod-xbox. since its be easy done and we already have OS,
> "Python" support what we need now is only that "Python" can easy to coding
> and show "window" program just like wt we can do under Windows.

You can't. DOS does not allow for graphical output - at least not in a way
python supports it by standard toolkits like wxPython. That has nothing to
do with python, btw. You won't find anything else that can do that - apart
from some really old legacy toolkits that certainly aren't available today.

Use either Linux with frambuffer output (see freevo) or a "real" Windows
that is capable of showing a graphical ui.

Maybe somehow the pygame sdl wrapper can be used for gui-stuff. SDL has had
a DOS mode. But it is discontinued.
--
Regards,

Diez B. Roggisch