Calling a function from module question.

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Tue Feb 15 17:31:48 EST 2005

Sean wrote:

>>>So what if I have a whole bunch of functions - say 25 of them.
>>>Is there a way to do this without naming each function?
>>
>>Yes [1], but it's basically deprecated and you shouldn't use it. Consider
>>refactoring your code.
>
> Refactoring my code?  Sorry, I am not sure what you mean here.

'Refactoring' is just a fancy way of saying 'reorganizing'.  What it
means in this case is to look at the reason that you have 25 functions
in this other module whose name you don't want to type.  Perhaps
reassembling those functions into a class or two will let you have
fewer names to import, or perhaps there's no compelling reason for
them to be in a different module to begin with.  (Or, more likely, you
should just not worry about using the module name.  It's really better
to keep track of where all of your names come from, and fully
qualified names do that nicely.  What do you see as the harm of using it?)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International