Pythonic poker client

hardieca at hotmail.com hardieca at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 17:48:34 EST 2005

Hi all,

My PC finally went belly up last week and I'm looking forward to
playing with my new Mac. However, I play a bit of online poker, and
there is no Mac client for my poker room.

Ideally, instead of running Virtual PC, I'd much rather build a custom
poker client with Python. It's an idea I've been kicking around for a
while, as it would let me create logs and better analyze my playing.
I'm hoping it would also help me improve my Python coding skills.

I've mostly done web development, so I'm a little out of my element
here, but I would certainly appreciate any help someone could offer.
How would one go about porting a client like this?

I'm assuming that I need to figure out the port it uses, find the
server, analyze the packets for commands, and then build an app that
masquerades as the real client.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Many thanks!

Chris