Python and version control

Joe Francia gmane-schpam at joefrancia.com
Wed Feb 9 14:54:10 EST 2005

Carl wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> What is the ultimate version control tool for Python if you are working in a
> Windows environment?
>
> When you work on a Visual C++ project then it's easy, use Visual Source Safe
> for your source code! But when it comes to large Python projects and no
> universal Python IDE with version control integration is available,
> checking in and out files is not as simple. I am a keen user of Emacs, but
> version control, which is very simple when you are in a Linux environment,
> for example, is not a straightforward in Windows.
>
> What is the most common adopted approach among Python developers working in
> a Windows environment?
>
> Carl

I don't know that you'll find a common approach.  I use Subversion for
version control.  For larger projects, I use Eclipse with the Pydev
plugin for editing, and the Subclipse plugin for talking to Subversion.
  For smaller things, I usually just edit with SciTE and use the
TortoiseSVN Explorer extension or the command-line utilities for
checkins and updates.

Peace,
Joe