A few q's on python files.

Larry Bates lbates at syscononline.com
Mon Feb 21 20:41:52 EST 2005

On windows there's py2exe which packs a python program
so that it can be distributed "like" and .exe, but Python
is a bytecode language (a la Java) so it is never actually
compiled into machine language.  The .pyc files are the
bytecode that is actually executed.  For C programmers
this takes some getting accustomed to.

Larry Bates