PyQt documentation

djw dwelch at vcd.hp.com
Fri Feb 11 14:49:48 EST 2005

Eric Jardim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any site that gather all the documentation about PyQt?
>
> The docs of the Riverbank site is poor, and I have found separate
> tutorials on the net.
>
> I know that the Kompany have made a "Qtdoc"-like to PyQt. But it is not
> free doc.
>
> Does anybody know anything about any project for making PyQt
> development more easy?
>
> thanks,
>
> [Eric Jardim]

If you follow a few simple rules, you can use the C++ Qt docs as-is:

1. Replace ::'s with .'s
2. Replace ->'s with .'s
3. Access to things like .text member variables have to be done with .text()
4. .exec() becomes .exec_loop()
5. Follow the PyQt instructions on how to do signals and slots with
connect()
6. Convert QStrings with str() from Qt functions/methods if you want to
work with them with std. Python string functions

I'm sure there's a few more, but those are the main ones. Its actually
very easy to convert in your head as you go to the proper Pythonic usage
of Qt.

-Don