[EVALUATION] - E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

Adam DePrince adam at cognitcorp.com
Tue Feb 15 19:06:41 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 17:24, Jeff Shannon wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
> > Adam DePrince wrote:
> > [...]
> >> You're on it.  You drive a car?  You have to treat it right to get what
> >> you want, right?  Same here.  Ask correctly, and you will get your
> >> answers.
> > Your interpretation/definition of "asking correctly" is irrelevant to me.
> "Interpretation is irrelevant.  Logic is irrelevant.  You will be
> assimilated."

Oy!  Logic is relevant ... let me explain.

Let this be a gentle reminder to all, the primary hazard of generosity
is that the recipient will lack a corresponding sense of appreciation.
I've heard others around here say that they will risk feeding a troll on
the off chance that they may actually enlighten someone.

Further investigation (http://lazaridis.com/core/project/email) suggests
that it is the Python community that is at fault.  There is a scepter
haunting the python-list.  Ilias, we misjudged you and mistook your
hyper efficiency and superior cognitive capacity for rudeness.  As I
reflect upon this exchange I now see the inefficient absence of
terseness and lack of condescending ridicule.  I call forth on all
Pythoners to adopt your style of thought, learn to spell Nietzsche, put
aside their personal consideration and accept their subservience to the
common good (as defined by Ilias) and the nubile newbie.  Think of what
we could acheive.  We could be just like gwbasic!  As hip and modern as
the Kondrad Zuse's Z3.  Pythoner's Unite!

Ilias, I ceed.  You are a superman in the most misinterpreted sense of
the word.  I invoke Gershwin's law and end this thread.   May I bear
your children?

Adam DePrince