Crashing Python interpreter! (windows XP, python2.3.4, 2.3.5rc1, 2.4.0)

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Wed Feb 2 18:03:07 EST 2005

Leeuw van der, Tim TOP-POSTED:
> Hi all,
>
> I can use this version of gtk and PyGtk to run simple programs. There
seems to be no problem with the code-completion in PythonWin.
> I can do: dir(gtk) without problems after importing the gtk module of
PyGtk, when I use idle or console. (Python version for this test:
python2.4, python 2.3.5rc1)

> I already knew that I could run simple PyGtk programs with this
combination of Python, PyGtk, and Gtk. Also knew already, that the code
completion in the PythonWin IDE works.
> The crash comes when invoked from pydev under eclipse. So I can't
remove them from the equation (I mentioned the problem also on the
Pydev Sourceforge-forum, but decided to post here since it's the
interpreter crashing).

> It's the "send/don't send" type of error box, so I choose "don't
send" at that point since that will only send crash info to
Microsoft... no point in that! :-)

> It could of course be a problem in the GTK DLLs and I haven't yet had
time to test with older GTK versions. Hopefully I can try that
tomorrow.