An interesting python problem using Zope 2.7.3

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sat Feb 5 08:12:30 EST 2005

ranjith g p wrote:

> Greetings!!!
>
> I ran the following simple string commands in Linux + Python and the results are:
>
> [root at localhost root]# python
> Python 2.2.2 (#1, Feb 24 2003, 19:13:11)
> [GCC 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-4)] on linux2

> '<a>A'

> '<a>A/'

> 'A</>'
>

> Now when the same is run from Zope273 + python + Linux or windows,
> the results are,
>
> 1.  '<a>A'
> 2.   A/
> 3.  A
>

> respectively. Any suggestions?
>
> thanx

Define "is run from"?

When you enter an expression-statement at the interpreter's interactive
prompt the interpreter computers the result and, if the result is not
None, prints its repr().

How are you getting Zope to print the results? If they are coming
through a web browser, for example, there will be obvious difficulties
with unquoted "<" and ">" characters,

regards
  Steve
Come to PyCon DC 2005                      http://www.pycon.org/