basic tkinter/Windows question

Paul Rubin http
Tue Feb 22 20:20:47 EST 2005

I find myself having to write some code on Windows :-(.  To alleviate
the pain, at least I get to use Python for some of it.

I'm trying to write a simple application, say "eggs.py".  It pops a
tkinter gui and lets the user do some stuff.  The system has Python
installed so I don't care about wrapping it in a .exe file or anything
like that.  But I'd like to make a desktop icon for eggs.py and let the
user double-click it and run the app without also getting a DOS box on
the screen.

Is there a simple way to do that?  I didn't see anything in the Python
docs about it.  I suspect that this is really a dumb Windows question,
but I avoid Windows whenever I can, so most anything I can ask about it
is probably dumb.

Thanks much.