Pyallegro status (is it dead?). What about pygame.

Simon Wittber simonwittber at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:02:33 EST 2005

> How does pygame compare to pyallegro - both in maturity and convenience
> of usage in python?

I have not used pyallegro, and therefore cannot compare it to pygame.

However, I can tell you that the pygame community is quite active and
friendly. They're currently testing the pygame 1.7 release.  As for
maturity and ease of use... I suggest you check out the 'gamelets'
sections on the pygame website for some short examples of python code
which uses pygame.

Sw.