Newbie Question

Jeremy Bowers jerf at jerf.org
Tue Feb 1 20:47:20 EST 2005

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:47:39 -0800, Joel Eusebio wrote:
> Whenever I access test.py from my browser it says "The page cannot be
> found" , I have the file on /var/www/html, what did I miss?
>
>  Thanks in advance,
> Joel

In general, you will need to post the relevant entries from your Apache
error log and access log. A lot of things can go wrong between your Python
script and final output.

However, if you're getting a 404, it means that you haven't associated the
URL to the file correctly. Again, a lot of things can prevent this, so
you're also going to need to post the relevant Apache configuration files.
Without that, I can't be any more specific.

I'm also concerned that you are conflating mod_python with Python CGI,
which work completely differently when it comes to associating code to
URLs. In general, you won't access a mod_python script by typing in a
URL to a file; that will either try to run it as a CGI or just display it
(depending on the configuration). But we'll work on this when you post the
necessary information and we can see what you are trying to do.