connecting to Sybase/MsSQL from python

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Fri Feb 11 20:12:14 EST 2005

Hi,
I'm hoping someone on the list has connected to sybase/MsSQL with something
that works with DBAPI 2.0 from a linux box (SUSE 9.2) because I can't seem
to get it done.  I found Object Craft's python code that uses FreeTDS.  But
I can't get it compiled.  The code is looking for "sybdb.h" (first error) -
of course I don't have "sybdb.h".  It is not in Object Crafts code nor in
the FreeTDS source.  I'm guessing that I need sybase develop lib's but I
don't know where they are to be found.

So is there a kind sole out there that can help with instructions on what is
needed to get python talking to MsSQL.

jOHN