- E02 - Support for MinGW Open Source Compiler

A.B., Khalid abkhd at earth.co.jp
Sat Feb 19 14:24:49 EST 2005

Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> A.B., Khalid wrote:
> > Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> >
> >>The first step is to make a pyMinGW project.
> >
> > You are mistaken. The first steps are the following:
> [...] - (nonrelevant comments)
>
> > 3) Realizing that there _is_ already a project called pyMinGW! That
it
> > does not fit your requirements-- whatever these maybe-- is an
> > altogether different issue. The fact of the matter remains that a
> > project _does_ exist, one which people (including myself) do in
fact
> > use; and because it does exist there is no reason to "make" it.
> [...]
>
> I've already understood your viewpoint.

You just say that you do. Your repeating the same arguments using the
same logic testifies that you don't.

> My requirements about an open-source project (or sub-project) are
very
> simple:

Your "requirements" are just what they are, _your_ requirements. And
since they are so, maybe you'd like to address them yourself instead of
continuing to complain how "your requirements" (simple or otherwise)
are not being met and that hence the author of this project is this,
and/or the entire language is that. Enough said here.

> You have the right to refuse this.
>
> I (and any other reader) have the right to derive our conclusions
about
> you and the reasons that you refuse a _real_ collaborative work.

Of course I have the right to do what I like (and as regards pyMinGW
this was explained earlier in this thread); your mere pronunciation
that I have that right neither subtracts nor adds to it one iota. And
it seems to me that the community has indeed reached some conclusions
which any reasonable person with a fair grasp of English can quickly
identify from the nature of their responses to you, here and elsewhere.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/msg/98fa42dabff68db2

> python [foundation, crew, dictator, ...] should engourage open
> collaboration, should engourage _collaboration_.

Oh well, I hope it would not come as a shock to you that pyMinGW does
allow collaboration. Here is a quote from the pyMinGW-24 changes
document:

	---------------------
	pyMinGW-24-0064: Dec 11th, 2004
	---------------------
	[1] Included \PC\pyconfig.h in the Python24.iss. Thanks to Matthias
	    Gondan for the report and the fix.
	Quoted from http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW-24.html

So you see, the collaborative effort is there. It is just not
responding to "your requirements" to your liking that is bothering you!
Now if you want to continue complaining about how "your requirements"
are not being met, by volunteers who make their work available for free
in their spare time, to your liking, go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Khalid

--
pyMinGW:
http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW.html