strange SyntaxError

Sat Feb 26 12:55:32 EST 2005

Attila Szabo wrote:
> 2005, Feb 25 -> Scott David Daniels wrote :
>>Attila Szabo wrote:
 >>...    lambda x: 'ABC%s' % str(x) ...
>>OK, to no real effect, in main you define an unnamed function that
>>you can never reference.  Pretty silly, but I'll bite.

> This code was simplified, the lambda was part of a map, ...

I'm sorry, upon re-reading my reply, I see how it looks like a
snide comment.  I apologize.  I didn't mean to malign you, and
I did indeed appreciate that the code was obviously boiled down.
I just thought:
          def named(x):
              return 'ABC%s' % str(x)
provides a function name to talk about, exhibits the same problem,
and is "simpler".

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org