Kill GIL

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Feb 13 00:35:10 EST 2005

In article <868y5t6sal.fsf at guru.mired.org>, Mike Meyer  <mwm at mired.org> wrote:

>Here here. I find that threading typically introduces worse problems
>than it purports to solve.

Depends what you're trying to do with threads.  Threads are definitely a
good technique for managing long-running work in a GUI application.
Threads are also good for handling blocking I/O.  Threads can in theory
be useful for computational processing, but Python provides almost no
support for that.

"The joy of coding Python should be in seeing short, concise, readable
classes that express a lot of action in a small amount of clear code --
not in reams of trivial code that bores the reader to death."  --GvR